Film entries will be reviewed by a panel of industry professionals and cash prizes awarded to winners.
The films will also be screened to the public on February 28, 2011, from 6:15-9:00pm. This screening is FREE and open to all.
This film festival is an opportunity for students and community members to consider what good food means in Michigan, and to see the story of good food told through film.
Bring your friends, family, and neighbors to vote for the "Viewers Choice" award, which will be announced on March 1, 2011 at the Local Food Summit.
Films submitted for screening include:
- Buy Local
- Fair Food Network's "Double Up Food Bucks" Success in Michigan
- Edible Avalon: Rooted in Community
- Food Fest Test
- Food Oases- Finding an Oasis in Detroit's Food Desert
- Fresh vs. Fat
- Good Food vs. Bad Food
- Home Grown
- Invasion of the Food Snatchers
- Know Farms Know Food
- Michigan Farm Women
- Michigan Foodways
- MSU Student Organic Farm
- The Season of the Raspberry
We hope to see you at the Michigan Good Food Film Festival!